Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baltimore to Atlanta!!!

In late July, I made a decision to leave the city that I've called home for my entire life. I made the decision to move to the great city of Atlanta to be closer to my daughters who live in Augusta. I know that Augusta and Atlanta are two hours apart, but that is a lot closer than the eleven hours that I used to travel to see them on holidays and summer breaks. I felt that I'd be able to see them much more often than before. Though my decision was rushed and lacked proper planning, it was not without consultation from friends (or so I thought) that relocated before me and others that have lived here their entire lives. I expressed my concerns and fears and was met with reassurance and promises of support. With that, I decided to step out on faith! Upon my arrival, I quickly realized that those were empty promises. With the exception of two individuals, everyone that promised me help and support did not follow through on their word and ignored my phone calls and texts. The people that I trusted were no where to be found. The good thing is that I found out early. I haven't had much time to really get to know Atlanta just yet because I've had to make several trips back to Baltimore to get the rest of my belongings and to tie up some loose ends. I also haven't had any luck in my job search because modern technology has virtually eliminated the walk in application process of traditional hiring practices. Despite my adversities and disappointments, I love my new place and surroundings. My faith has not faltered. I still believe that God brought me here fore a purpose and that he will work everything out for me. Now that my business in Baltimore is done, I am here to stay and ready to devote everything to making a new life here in the city of Atlanta. Hello Atlanta, I'm here to stay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment