Sunday, June 24, 2012

AY Customs - Technics 1200 Series Customization: Follow-up

After I publicly complained, I got an email from the owner stating that he'd been out of town and didn't know why my decks hadn't arrived yet. I also get a forwarded email from USPS the states that the decks were returned after 3 failed delivery attempts. My reply to him was that I believed this to be bogus for 2 reason: 1.I called my local post office and 2. Someone is always home at my house. In the email he also said that he was getting calls from friends informing him of someone blasting his business. He then called me and promised that he had no idea what was going on, but he would find out and make it right. He said that he would refund me 10% for the inconvenience and include some white headshells and free slipmats. I emailed him a reply that I felt like a 20%-25% was more appropriate. His reply was that he could only do 12% and that his lawyer advised him to sue me for $5000 - $10000 for slander if I didn't remove all postings and apologize to his Facebook and Twitter friends. I replied that would not post any statements, retractions or further complaints until the situation was resolved. Moving forward, my decks arrived 5 days after I launched public complaints and 1, they are not the same desks that he had sent me pictures of when he claimed to have shipped them in May. They are not specific to my order. I asked for silver pitch plates and that the tonearm cup be left black. Furthermore, the center clicks on either pitch control were not removed as requested. The platters on both look horrible done properly in white and silver. On one deck, the platter is defective and won't seat properly. On that same the deck, the pop-up light won't stay down. This was obviously a rush job that he did after I started publicly complaining. He's back to not responding to my communication and has deleted the Facebook page. Lastly, he sent me a text stating that he will be filling charges on me because someone threatened him over the phone. My reply was that your number is public record and whomever called was neither affiliated with or a representative of me, so i will wait to hear form your lawyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE PICTURES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment